We have travelled to Istanbul many times. We have seen it from various angles. Every time - a new, different face. There is only one way to experience Istanbul - dive into the city completely and unconditionally. Wander around narrow streets and blend in with the bursting crowd. Fully embrace the culture, people, moods.
1. Istanbul is the heart of several nations, which used to live in different times…
2. …Years and cultures gave the city its unique atmosphere. Rather subtle, but deep enough to feel it without any travel guides.
3. Atmosphere of being on the crossroads. Dual presence, filling every building, mosque or bridge.
4. Cultural interconnections collide at once like tectonic plates.
5. However, instead of enormous rasp – only calm whisper.
6. It’s the sleepy Bosporus you can hear all those times when you take a ferry from Asian side to the European one and back.
7. You head straight to the mosque nearby to hear the morning prayer. The Christian church stands in your way.
8. You take a tram to the Western part of the city – but in reality appear to be in a truly Eastern one. Now you are surrounded by the gravity of strict Muslim traditions.
9. Heading back to East you suddenly discover around yourself clubs, bars, and joyful smiles everywhere. Don’t be surprised. It’s Istanbul. The interconnection. The crossroad. The heart.
Istanbul – a city you will fall in love instantly. A city that is impossible to forget. A city you will always want to come back to. For more insights on Istanbul – make sure to explore fully city’s main sights and experiences in our other articles: